New Members Please Read

This is a forum for NAMI staff to post information about NAMI events, programs, etc. Only NAMI staff may post new topics here, but any member may reply within a topic.
Forum rules
In the NAMI Announcements forum, only designated NAMI Staff and volunteers may post new topics. Other members may post replies to existing topics but may not start new topics. If there is a NAMI topic that you feel should be posted, please notify the forum moderators or forum admin with details.
naminm
Site Admin

New Members Please Read

Post by naminm » Tue Dec 31, 2019 7:26 pm

We value your privacy and for that reason, we suggest a couple of things. First, while you do need to provide your real name when you register, you do not need to use your real name as a "forum" name (which others browsing the forum will see). You can, if you choose, use some combination of your first name alone or in combination with some other moniker, or you can choose a forum name that is a first namd and a number, or you can call yourself something completely different if you like.

Secondly: Please only have discussions about specific support for your own recovery or about difficulties with your loved on in the appropriate support forum. The other forums are for general discussions related to the topic of the forum and not for seeking help or support - use the sopport forums for that purpose.

Lastly: Because we value your privacy, the support forums where we have more candid and open discussions, are only visible when you are a registered member and logged in. When discussing a loved one, for their privacy, please refrain from using their name. Refer to them as "my son," "my daughter," husband, wife, father, mother, brother, sister, etc., or just "my loved one."